Life is busy but sending a loved one a special gift is not difficult anymore. With the availability of courier facilities, sending parcels to any part of the world has become quite easy. Parcel delivery services hold an important place in business scenarios as they form an important link between the suppliers and the customers. With the absence of good service, a business is bound to lose client, if packages and parcels are not delivered on time and in good condition. Hence, it is imperative to choose courier service.
Features Of A Good Parcel Delivery Service
Always go for a courier service that fulfills all your requirements and criteria for sending the parcel. Worldwide Parcel Services is one of the UK’s leading courier and parcel delivery service provider. Here are some of the features that one should look for in a courier service company –
- Professional company: A good company having a good reputation among customers is the foremost feature, which one can look for. A reputable company is responsible to carry out its job efficiently. For the sake of maintaining their reputation, companies provide the best facilities, prompt services, handle complaints and offer cost-effective courier solutions.
- Delivery services: Various parcels require different types of services. For e.g. there can be urgent deliveries, oversized packages, overseas delivery, etc. Therefore, a good parcel company is one, which is capable of handling all such parcels and can deliver them within the time-frame.
- Reasonable costs: A very important constraint in choosing a parcel delivery service is the cost. A good service would always provide cost-effective solutions. They have a varied price structure for the type of parcel, which needs to be delivered. Some courier companies offer lower prices as compared to the others because they get bulk discounts, which they pass on to their clients, in the meanwhile earning reputation. A brilliant way to search for the most cost-effective delivery is by surfing the internet. One can find great comparisons of the costs and the services offered between various service providers.
- Insurance coverage: Since parcels are susceptible to damages or being lost during transit, taking insurance coverage for the same is a good way to manage the risk. A good parcel company is one, which offers this insurance. One has to find whether the policy of the courier service covers the partial or entire value of the parcel. The agreement is usually made in writing and in case of such damages; the company refunds the insured amount.
- Parcel tracking services: All good parcel delivery companies provide parcel-tracking services. This service enables one to see the progress of the parcel’s delivery. This is quite beneficial in tracking down the parcel if it is stuck or lost somewhere. On selecting the tracking service option, the client gets a tracking number, which provides him real-time information on the progress of his parcel.
With the greater dependence and penetration on the internet these days, it is no surprise that almost all courier companies have an online presence. Booking and sending parcels through the internet has made the job that bit easier for both the customer and the company. Therefore, if you want to send parcels across the nation or even overseas, just log on to the internet and find the most suitable parcel delivery service.
Tips for Getting Your Parcel Delivered The Right Way
If you are about to send a parcel through a courier or parcel delivery service, you would definitely be concerned about its safe arrival at its destination. Here are six must follow tips that will make sure that your parcel gets delivered the right way at the right place.
- A Trustworthy Service Provider: Looking for a well-recognized parcel delivery service is an essential step. Brands and chained service providers never mishandle your goods, as it may affect their repute. They understand the world has become a tiny place with internet available widely. And on the Internet, maligning any product, brand or company has become a piece of cake. Therefore, a reputed courier company will never do anything that can damage your item or package. Though the service charge asked by brands is comparably high, but they deliver trustworthy services.
- Size & Weight: These two factors firm up the final price for service delivery. Before consulting a courier company, you should check the size and weight of your package. Packing your small items in a large box would only boost the weight and service charge. You should remove excess and unnecessary stuff from the package.
- The type of item heightens the cost: Yes, it affects the final price. There are classifications of goods and items that can be sent via courier. Every item belongs to a series or group, which has its very own service delivery charges. Every company and even the government sponsor postal service, follow this system. Thereby, you should check if it is really important to send your expensive (certain group of) item via courier. Additionally, you should pass up sending restricted items via courier.
- Distance: Distance also plays a key role in defining the final price for the service. Interstate or international delivery is quite expensive, and there are different (licensed) providers of such range of services. Sending something to remote and distant areas, and small towns would cost more.
- The swiftness: If you want to send something speedily via express or air, it too would be extra chargeable. Again, if it is not that important, you can avoid using this pricey facility.
- Attach the message: You should never forget to enclose your message for the person, whom you are sending the parcel to. It will mark a good impression on the recipient. In addition, before handing over your package, you should ensure if you have placed the correct address of the recipient and sender. However, the person who books the delivery, check this on his own, but you too should ensure this from your end.
Additionally, while it is commonly believed that the post office offers expedited deliveries to a certain extent, there are no particular guarantees that the package will arrive on a specific date. Parcel delivery services, on the other hand, offer an assured next day and same day services, so customers can rely on the fact that their package will arrive speedily. Furthermore, one of the greatest advantages of modern-day courier delivery is the availability of tracing a parcel simply by going online.
Customers may track their packages at every step of the way, and vouch for the arrival to its destination. This aids to eradicate the most potential problem that is experienced among postal shippers: lost packages. It is henceforth preferable to have parcels delivered straight to the address of the recipient, without any deviation, so there’s no doubt that it may have gotten misplaced in the mail-room, as happens quite a few times at postal facilities.
3 comments On All About Parcel And Courier Services
What a Fantastic blog! This is full of information I cant wait to dig deep and start utilising the useful resource given by you. This is probably the best blog I came across today.
Pingback: Manchester City: Tips to Enjoy an Extraordinary and Memorable Company Outing - Tech Strange ()
This really answered my problem, thank you!