As the world dramatically shifted into a digital age, the digital transformation of numerous sectors within our society has taken place. Developments within technology and society require different sectors to adapt to this fast-changing world, whereby it is necessary for them to adopt new technologies in order to reinvent themselves and their role within society. Else, as we have seen for many organisations, they could be left behind.
For those that choose to embrace this change, there are a number of key benefits a digital transformation can offer. For the educational sector, improvements within core processes and teaching methods by means of digital collaboration offers staff and students new opportunities and advantages. Kinly has helped to further explain this process, including the benefits of implementing technology systems, specifically into educational establishments.
What Does The Digital Transformation Include?
To put it simply, digital transformation is the adoption and implementation of digital technology into an organisation or company. This technology is utilised to achieve common goals within the organisation, with the aim of improving efficiency and value of services.
Within the educational sector this would mean adopting technologies which would allow for the modernisation of teaching, simplifying faculty and department processes, as well as enhancing the student experience.
For enhancing the student experience, the digital transformation could include:
- Providing students with the ability to enter their lessons through a mobile app or web application
- Providing students with a choice, allowing them to pick a method for accessing their resources and materials
- Teachers may have a means for tracking the progress of a student’s learning, which the student could also have access to
Video in Education
Video makes for a dominant aspect within the digitisation of education. This is an important tool which can offer a positive impact on the learning process of students and the teaching methods of teachers and lecturers. Video can simplify the teaching process, helping to combine visual material with text to explain complex concepts and subjects effectively. This has been seen to provide many benefits for students in establishments where this has already been adopted. Rather than a teacher spending their lesson time explaining a subject, with little interaction from students, video can be used to explain and lesson time can then be used to apply this knowledge. Creating a much more interactive student experience.
What Can Video Applications Contribute To Education?
- Allows for a more flexible approach to education, offering students the ability to access material from anywhere, any time.
- Can improve the quality and efficiency of education.
- Video can increase student engagement and encourage interactive study within the classroom, in turn boosting achievement rates.
- Can contribute to the explanation of complex subjects.
- Appeals to multiple learning preferences.
The Benefits Of Technology In Educational Establishments
Depending upon the choice of systems implemented, an educational establishment would notice a number of benefits by digitalising the classroom/learning environment and administration processes. These benefits include:
- More enjoyable teaching and more engaged students
- More reliable equipment
- Cost savings
- Increased productivity
- Delivering education beyond the physical classroom
- Time saving
Follow TechStrange for more Technology, Business and Digital Marketing News.