The advent of the eCommerce industry has transformed the way businesses used to be done and it is now one of the fastest growing industries and without doubt, one of the most valuable ones. After all, who doesn’t want to order their favourite pair of jeans seamlessly with just a click of their fingers and get it delivered at their doorstep.
But understand that starting an eCommerce business can be demanding and challenging and it calls for many decisions that need to be made. To assist you with the same, here is a blueprint that can assist you to start your dream eCommerce business. Just take a look.
- Find the Product to Sell – This is the first step for building an eCommerce business. For starting a new eCommerce business, this is considered to be the most challenging part. So you must decide first the product that you want to sell. For this you must go for a thorough market research first and think about your resources. Then decide for a product that can give you good returns in the long run.
- Decide Your Website Name– The next thing to do is to choose a memorable and fabulous business name that is not being used by others. You can opt for a thorough corporate research for name hunting to ensure this name is not being used by someone else. Register the business once the name is chosen. You should hire a good web deisgn firm for website developement.
- Get the Business Licenses and Your Employer Identification Number – You should look out for mentors who can help you even for small intricacies like acquiring the business licenses. Their advice is considered to be invaluable. You will also need an Employer verification Number for filing your business taxes and to open a business bank account in India. Your EIN is the social security number of your business which helps in business identification and helps the business to file for the paperwork.
- Create the Website and Secure the Domain – Usually, you will get the business name as the domain name. It must be simple to say and spell. So if your business name is Magical Art Offerings and the MagicalArtOfferings.com is not available, you should go for something simple like ArtbyMagicalOfferings.com. Designing the eCommerce business can be the biggest business expenditure that you can incur. But make sure that it is not just visually appealing but also functional.
- Create a Logo that Stands Out – You should always go for a simple yet innovative logo that will help people distinguish your brand from others. But you should see to it that it is not similar to or identify with another business. Your logo is part of the identity of your business. So the simpler and more unique it is, the better your audience will grasp and remember it.
- Find the Right Vendors – There is cut-throat competition for selling products online. Therefore, it is a must that you find the best materials, quality and prices for the products that you are thinking of selling. So you should research and shop around until you find the vendor of your choice with whom you can do business for the longest time.
- Provide Popular Payment Options – Without payments no online business can survive. So you should offer a variety of options so that the customers can make an easy purchase. You can permit the sellers for creating an account in your eCommerce and for making the purchases seamless. You should also offer a plethora of payment options so that the consumers can make a purchase on the store without putting up a struggle.
- Install Innovative Software for Product Customization – Install a well-organised software like Product Design Tool that has gained a name for itself internationally for affordable and satisfying software applications. This can act as a t-shirt designing software or a mug or business card or laptop skin designing software that strives hard to cater to the evolving needs of the customers. This is a high-grade online designing application that features amazing interfaces that provide the users with a great number of functions for easy customization of the products that they like. This way the companies can target their customers without much trouble and convert them.
- Begin Your Marketing Early – You should start writing content for the blogs and set up the social media profiles even if your store is not up and running so that you don’t have to begin from ground Zero on day 1. You can go for setting up a “coming up page” on your website where people can sign up for updates. Also make sure that your site remains SEO-friendly which can help you gain more traffic online.
- Provide Great Customer Support – Apart from free shipping, you should try to offer top-notch customer support so that you can entice your customers from day 1. Remember one of the best ways to the customers’ heart is to cater to them even after their purchase so that they can keep coming back to you without a shred of doubt. Only then you will be able to create a loyal customer base and help your eCommerce achieve its full potential. Don’t skimp on ensuring timely, reliable order delivery; consider the Red Stag Team, a third-party logistics provider, to handle order fulfillment.
The above are some of the things that you should keep in mind so that you can start an eCommerce business and help it succeed and sustain in the long run.
Nitesh Ranjan is a digital marketing expert with keen interest on topics, trends and ideas related to brand promotion and advertising. He regularly shares information on the ways to market businesses across digital channels for better ROI, increased conversions and more sales. His blog can help anyone interested in boosting the online visibility in the digital world and eyeing access to a wider and bigger marketplace without spending big on marketing. Trust his digital marketing knowledge to enhance your brand’s presence on the internet.