You’ve probably seen a lot of people on Reddit saying they watched It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Netflix. Or you’ve heard friends saying they binged the whole series on that site.
So why can’t you find it? Did Netflix remove IASIP overnight?
Not, not at all. Well, that’s not entirely true. Netflix did remove five episodes of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia because blackface was used. But other than that, the whole TV series is still available on Netflix.
However, you can only watch IASIP on Netflix in the UK. Just follow that link to see for yourself. StreamCatcher (a very popular Netflix availability checker) will show you which countries this title is available in.
As you can see, you can only stream in the UK right now.
Want to know why and how to unblock it? No problem – we’ll explain everything in this short guide.
IASIP in the UK – Why Only There?
We’re going, to be honest with you – we don’t know. Netflix never said why they only stream this show there.
However, this FAQ article might be of help. According to it, Netflix has to license the content it doesn’t own. But they can’t usually get global licensing rights because their competitors have them or they’re just not for sale. Or maybe they’re not a worthwhile investment.
It might not sound fair to you, but that’s how the streaming and entertainment industry works. If Netflix would have owned the copyright to IASIP, they could have streamed it everywhere their service is available (provided they wouldn’t have sold the licensing rights to other regions).
What Do You Need to Do to Unblock IASIP on Netflix?
Since this title is only available in the UK, you obviously have to trick Netflix into thinking you’re physically located there.
And no, we’re not talking about you taking a trip there. Sure, you can do that if you want, but there are easier ways to unblock IASIP on Netflix. Right now, your best bet is to find a way to hide your geo-location. If you can stop Netflix from seeing your IP, you should be able to do that. Without it, Netflix won’t know what country and city you’re from.
How to Unblock IASIP on Netflix – Just Use a VPN!
There are different tools that help you unblock titles like IASIP on Netflix. But, in our experience, VPNs are the best option. They hide your IP by sending your traffic through a server before it reaches Netflix.
That way, Netflix will think the VPN server is the one that wants to watch IASIP, not you. If the server is in the UK, Netflix will think you have a UK IP address. So, it will send you to the UK library where you can watch this show.
To use a VPN with Netflix, you just have to do a few things:
- Sign up for a VPN. ExpressVPN always worked well for us.
- Download and install a VPN app.
- Use the VPN app to connect to a UK server.
- Start watching IASIP on Netflix!
What to Look for in a Netflix VPN
Just because a VPN says it can unblock Netflix doesn’t mean it’s the right pick. Here are some of the features it should offer to make sure you get great streaming:
- Fast speeds – Netflix doesn’t require very fast speeds, but you’d probably want to be able to watch IASIP in HD or Ultra HD. For that, you’ll need at least 5 Mbps (HD) and 25 Mbps (Ultra HD). One good way to make sure you’ll get fast VPN speeds is to see if the provider has lightweight protocols like WireGuard, IKEv2, and L2TP/IPSec. With ExpressVPN, you get their proprietary Lightway protocol which is extremely fast.
- Tons of servers – A large network means you’ll always find a server that’s not near-total capacity and is also close to you. That way, you’ll get better speeds.
- No data caps – You don’t want to have to keep an eye on how much data you use every time you finish an episode of IASIP. So, unlimited bandwidth is the only acceptable answer.
- Parallel connections – VPNs limit how many devices you can use their service on. The standard is between five and seven, so you should look for a VPN that offers that. Some providers (like Surfshark and IPVanish) even let you use their service on an unlimited number of devices.
- Great UI – You just want to hit “connect” and start watching IASIP, not read tons of tutorials to learn how to use a simple VPN app. The design has to be very user-friendly and intuitive. You can check it by googling screenshots and videos of the VPN provider’s apps.
- Good encryption – VPNs encrypt your traffic. It’s important for them to offer powerful security so that your data is safe. Also, your ISP won’t be able to throttle your bandwidth when you binge IASIP every night or on the weekends if the encryption is very strong.
- Money-back guarantees – A no-questions-asked refund is really helpful. After all, the VPN might stop being able to unblock Netflix a few days after you buy the subscription. Most providers offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. CyberGhost VPN has the longest period we have seen so far: 45 days (for long-term plans only).
It also helps if the VPN doesn’t keep any logs. It won’t improve your streaming, but it will offer you more privacy. A no-logging policy means the VPN doesn’t monitor what files your download, what sites you visit, and anything else you do with their service.
How Do You Unblock IASIP?
Do you use a VPN just like us? If yes, which provider has worked well for you? And what kinds of features do you look for?
If you don’t use a VPN, please let us know which unblocking method you prefer to use instead. If possible, tell us why it’s better.
Follow TechStrange for more Technology, Business, and Digital Marketing News.