Whether you want to make a specialized city-based app, an app for internal office functionalities, or even a general purpose app that you want to monetize, local app developers are currently the best option and there are a number of reasons for it.
Let’s take a look at why local app developers are more beneficial for app development based projects:
- Local app developers often cost less to hire for a project as per many industry surveys, allowing you to leverage a much better quality-cost ratio
- Local app developers understand localized problems, allowing them to understand city-based app projects and their vision with much more nuance and details
- Communication with local app developers is much easier as there are no issues hampering connectivity like different time zones etc. You can even visit their office for meetings if you want to, leading to them understanding briefs and project changes in an easier manner
- It’s easier to manage any legal or intellectual property infringement issues with local app developers if something goes wrong since the state and its laws remain uniformly understandable and implementable
- Vetting about a local app company is much easier since you can visit their office and acquire information related to their team from various government and industry-related sources
- While many continue to make a strong case for taking a globalized approach when it comes to hiring local app developers, their argument of this arrangement offering a much bigger talent pool remains highly flawed and subjective. Offshore app developers can be difficult to manage, communicate to, and sustain for long term projects. On top of this, the issue of them scamming you out much more easily remains ever present since initiating legal proceedings against them is too lengthy and complex of a process because of differences in the local laws of the country they are based in.
To ensure that you don’t fall victim to any of these issues, hiring local app developers remains a much more viable option present in front of you. And if you are confused about how exactly can you hire the best local app developers, then we can provide you with 5 pro ways to hire the best from the ones present near you:
Check Their GMB Profiles:
If you want to find a local app developer, the first step you will intuitively take in this regard is that you will go and search about them on Google. That’s great as Google will churn out many relevant results for you but how exactly can you determine which one from among them is good enough to work with you on your project?
Google My Business is a specialized tool offered by Google where businesses can optimize their profile. A GMB profile includes many types of helpful info including a company’s location, pictures of their team and workplace, their work hours, any reviews that they have got from previous clients among others.
Searching through GMB for businesses can help you find credible information on them allowing you to make a much more informed decision than just relying on a list you got from Googling your search query.
Vet Local App Developers On Clutch & GoodFirms Listings:
No matter what kind of an app developer or even a web developer you are looking for, no one beats Clutch and GoodFirms in providing you with integrated lists filled with quality options.
These two incredible platforms vet every single detail about the app developers that want to get featured on their list and then give them rankings based on a very impressive set of criteria including their ability to deliver, innovativeness, market leadership etc.
Suppose you want to find a company for mobile app development in San Francisco, and you search for it on either of these two platforms. The list that comes in front of you whose every detail including their physical address, their reviews etc. have been specifically vetted by these platforms, making them highly credible and trustworthy to base you decision on.
Research On Who Made The Best Local City Apps:
This one is quite simple, but most businesses don’t go for this option.
If there is a local or city based app that you like a lot because of its UI, content flow, backend code or any other reason, then you can simply go and find out who made it and contact them for you own project.And doing so is simple, just go to Google Play or Apple App Store, locate the app page and there you will find all the info on who developed it. Since you have an example of their work, you will have no major issues in working with them for your project.
Check LinkedIn For Local App Developers:
LinkedIn isn’t just for job searching or candidate hunting. If used skillfully, LinkedIn can be a great resource to find project partners as well, in this case, local app developers.
Check your local connection list and see if there are any app developers in your city added in there or just run a search on it the same way you would do on Google. Among the profiles that come up, check the ones that are posting actively about their work and their projects. This way you find really innovative tech leaders who can do top notch app development for you locally.
Make A Potential List & Ask Them To Send Scope Of Work Documents:
After you have finally narrowed down your list to 5-7 candidate firms for local app development, send them your project brief and ask them to submit a scope of work document.
This document will easily explain to you if a firm is technically capable enough to come through with your project or not. This document is inherently important if you don’t want to just base your decision marketing based jargon that these firms have placed out there on their websites, LinkedIn profiles, social campaigns etc.
Those are just a means to get to know that a certain local app development exists, but to finalize a project, you will be required to know of their technical capabilities. Without this, you will be taking a major risk, so don’t do that and get scope of work documents from all the shortlisted firms and award to project to the best one among them.
There you have it. The benefits as well as the best pro ways to hire a local app development firm for your next project. Have you already hired a local app developer or are in the process of hiring one? Let us know about your experiences.
Jane Collen is a creative content writer and digital marketer at TekRevol. She works closely with B2C and B2B businesses providing blog writing, video scriptwriting, ghostwriting, copywriting, and social media marketing services.