In recent years SMS verification has been introduced by major online platforms and services as a means of identity verification when creating an account. Verification codes are sent via SMS by one-time password (OTP) providers and are used as part of the two-factor authentication (2FA) process. This method of verification and authentication is widely accepted because smartphones are considered personal devices that are always within the reach of their owners.
Smartphones have become an integral part of our everyday lives. A smartphone is always on and almost always connected to the internet and mobile network.
Unfortunately, it is the use of mobile numbers for security verification and authentication that has led to a number of problems with mass account sign-ups. Over the last year or so we have seen a rise in the popularity of SMS PVA (Phone Verified Account, PVA) services, where anyone can buy a virtual number specifically for creating accounts on Internet platforms and services. That’s what our article is about, we’ll tell you what virtual phone numbers are and how to use SMS verification services to get them.
What is a virtual number to receive SMS?
Virtual number is an ordinary phone number with code of country, city or operator, which works on principle of sending text messages via Internet. The distinguishing feature of such numbers is that you do not need to buy and install additional equipment, you do not need to buy a new SIM card and you even have a mobile device. You can receive and use it from absolutely any device, anywhere in the world, all you need is a stable Internet connection.
What advantages a virtual phone number gives you:
- Disposable virtual numbers have come to be used for a variety of purposes. It is possible to receive both calls and SMS on some of them. They are most often chosen to receive text messages. There are several advantages to this decision:
- With a Virtual Number you can bypass the restriction (1 phone number = 1 account) and mass register accounts in social networks, messengers and dating sites.
- You can create an account with a virtual number and thus protect your own phone number from spam and other unwanted messages.
- The ability to hide personal information on the World Wide Web from unverified services. The owner will be able to avoid identity theft which may be used by unreliable companies to make calls and offer various services, fraudsters and financial scams.
- Simplicity of virtual number obtaining also plays an important role. You only need to follow a few steps to get a virtual number.
- Wide range of choice. User is able to choose criteria by selecting country, region or other factors he is interested in while purchasing.
The above are just some of the major benefits you can get from virtual number portfolios. But let me remind you that not every service provider offers the same thing online. SMS-man is one of the leading service providers that delivers what it promises.
How to get a virtual phone number using SMS-man
One of the most popular SMS verification services is SMS-man, which offers a fake phone number for SMS.
To obtain a virtual number using SMS-man you will need to follow the steps below:
Step 1. Do a quick registration at SMS-man;
Step 2. Top up your balance;
Step 3. Select the desired country of mobile operator;
Step 4. Specify the service from which SMS is to be received;
Step 5. Press “Buy” button next to the selected service;
Step 6. Specify virtual number when registering on website and wait until SMS with confirmation code is sent;
Step 7. Receive an SMS confirmation code and enter it to finish registration
Follow TechStrange for more!