Being their own bosses is the dream of many and it can be achieved by being a freelancer. A countless amount of people is already enjoying the flexibility and benefits that being a freelancer provides. It is estimated that more than 20% of the U.S. population is having a full- or part-time job as a freelancer.
The popularity of this work mode has generated a great demand for which many new sites have been created to look out for freelancers. These websites allow an increasing number of freelancers to offer their services and establish working relationships with potential customers. Currently, there is a high number of freelancing platforms, each of them with different characteristics to adapt to all tastes and needs. One of the most popular around the world is Fiverr.
What is Fiverr?
Founded in 2010, Fiverr is a popular online marketplace that offers freelance services to customers worldwide. The concept of Fiverr is a two-sided platform that gives users the possibility to offer or buy different types of digital services. Fiverr has positioned itself in the United States as one of the favorite marketplace services being among the top 100 of the most popular sites since 2013.
Fiverr offers a diverse and wide range of services such as writing, graphic design, data analysis, translation, programming, video editing, marketing, and much more. Buyers acquire services in the form of gigs that are basically short-term jobs created by the sellers. A smaller gig allows a quick response from the seller and the opportunity to easily test with no risks a future working relationship.
As it happens with everything, there are good and bad sides of it. Fiverr is an excellent platform, but knowing the cons and pros will help users to determine if Fiverr is what they are looking for.
The Bad Side of Fiverr
- DIFFICULT FOR BEGINNERS – although this platform does not have so many entry barriers, it could be difficult for new freelancers to start. The sellers are categorized into three different levels according to their skills and reputation. Experienced users are more likely to be hired than new ones because they have a proven track shown on the site.
- HIGH COMMISSION – Fiverr takes a 20% commission for every transaction a seller makes. The typical gig costs $5 so in the end, the freelancer only gets $4. On the other hand, they also charge a fee to the buyers.
- FAKE REVIEWS – not every review in Fiverr is authentic. Some sellers pay people to write them a good review on the site in order to have a better reputation. Currently, Fiverr is working on this problem in order to identify fake reviews and eliminate them.
The Good Side of Fiverr
- DIVERSITY – Fiverr is not restricted to a single particular field but offers a wide range of options. Sellers and buyers can look through different categories to find what fits them better. Also, this platform counts with a huge amount of freelancers from all over the world with different levels of expertise, from beginners to experts.
- POTENTIAL LONG TERM COLLABORATIONS – Fiverr allows buyers the possibility to test the quality of the sellers’ service. If after a gig they feel satisfied, buyers can form a long-term working relationship with their favorite and trusted sellers, so both sides end up winning.
- FAST SERVICE – in general lines, gigs in Fiverr are micro-jobs, so it does not take too much time to get them done. However, if someone urgently needs a gig, Fiverr has the option to sell the service with the extra fast delivery option, although it may cost a little more.
- TRANSPARENCY – buyers can see on the seller profile their ratings, the feedback from previous buyers, how many gigs they have completed, and much more. In this way, they are able to know what kind of freelancer they are considering hiring.
- SECURITY – Fiverr takes care of its users. All personal information is protected for both sellers and buyers, especially financial data. Even if a seller fails to honor its side of the deal, buyers can ask for a refund. So there is hardly any chance of being scammed.
Looking for a Fiverr account?
The first thing to do to start enjoying Fiverr as a seller or as a buyer is to create an account by providing an email, username, and password. After that, sellers will be able to start creating detailed gigs in whatever category they would like to work on. On the other hand, buyers will be ready to start looking for the job that best suits their needs. Starting to take advantage of Fiverr is as easy and simple as that. But it is even easier and more profitable to obtain a Non-VoIP number to validate the account.
The Epsilon Technology LTD company operates an extremely reliable service: VerifyWithSMS – a U.S. Non-VoIP virtual number provider that offers fake phone numbers for verification. With one of their U.S.-based phones, users will be able to improve their experience by validating their account on Fiverr or in any other platform they may select.
With one of the best customer services, VerifyWithSMS has become a leader on the market with a reliable, affordable and efficient service. Customers from around the world recommend this provider for its simple and direct way to use.
Without a doubt this service is simple, fast and reliable. Ready to start a freelancer’s life at Fiverr? VerifyWithSMS makes it possible. Sign up now and start to see all the benefits!
Follow TechStrange for more Technology, Business, and Digital Marketing News.